My Thirteen in '13

Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Well, I cannot believe that 2013 is quickly going by me like a lightning rod. Today, I am linking up with some wonderful bloggers for their linky party.

13. Favorite article of clothing: 
It would probably be my pair of boots. They are enjoyable to wear in the winter and the fall. I would also wear leggings with my boots on a few occasions. 


12. Favorite movie
I watch Parental Guidance on my HBO app on my iPad. I love anything that has to do with comedy.

11. Favorite TV Show(s)
Since I have a lot of favorite TV shows, I may tell you a few of them or you will be up all night reading this post. So I will be showing you one of them. Also, I watched a lot of reality shows.
Who doesn't love this show!!
10. Favorite Restaurant:
In my hometown, there is a Mexican restaurant called Lupe's that served the best enchiladas.
9. Favorite New Thing That I've Tried:
Well, it pertains more to this blog. I started this blog last year in November and last year I did not know anything about linky parties. Well, I took the plunge and made a Currently a few days before my one year blog anniversary. Hopefully, I'll make a linky party in 2014.Now, if only my TPT store could have the same motivation. A second thing that I tried was that I went to a webinar hosted by Laura Candler in August which gave me some insightful ideas to use in my future classroom.
8. Favorite gift that I got:
Well, on Sunday, I got me two scarves and an Alabama shirt for Christmas. One of my church ladies gave it to me as a gift. Hint: she was my teacher when I was in school, hope she or anyone else from my church is reading my blog. 

7. Favorite thing you pinned:
Well, it was in my November Currently. It is perfect for cold weather like this...

6. Favorite Blog Post:
I would referenced it back to #9 on this list. Joining my first linky party. 
5. Best accomplishment: (This can put you into tears)
This is a personal experience for me. Last year, I stopped going to church for personal reasons. I thought things would be good. Well, things got bad and when I was a volunteer teacher's aide, I got sick to the point that I had to say goodbye to my volunteer job, I had to take a few semesters off from school. But, then my grandma got sick and it litterally came to the point where she did not know where she was or who my family is. In September, I was just crying out and I made a bold decision to go back to church and also to let God control all aspects of my life. So my biggest accomplishment was being recommitted to Christ full-time and even be immersed in His word. I am making some positive decisions in my life because of that accomplishment. My biggest tests was when my grandma was rushed to the hospital while I was at church and they clearly thought that she was going to die. I was scared and upset. I started crying and then I prayed with God and today, she is at home with us getting ready for Christmas.
4. Favorite Picture
My little dog niece who is a Siberian Husky. 

3. Favorite Memory:
I did field experience with 4th and 5th graders this year. I was able to do them at the same school that I went when i was a little girl. The biggest part of the memory was that my old fifth grade teacher was my cooperating teacher when I went to observe and work with fifth graders. Also, when I was with fourth graders, I had the opportunity to talk to my old sixth grade math teacher who is now a fourth grader(she was retiring). Nothing can beat working at a place where everyone would remember you so well. 
2. Goal for 2014:
My professional goal is to become a substitute teacher since I have done it a bit before at a county or city school district. My personal goal is to break out of my shell and enjoy life as I know it. 
1. One little word: 
Future
This year has been a roller coaster of ups and downs in my life personally and professionally. The biggest down was seeing my grandma in the hospital after she was rushed there for food poisoning. I realized that I do not need to worry about things that much, rather but to hope that God is there for me. I do see myself in the future having a family of my own and becoming a teacher. The reason why I wanted to become a teacher was that God was calling me to become one and I took the chance to display His talents for me to become a teacher. But, like becoming a teacher, God is in control of my life. In January, I was in a relationship, but he wanted to go fast and I realized that God was telling me that His choice is still out there. Hopefully in the future, I would have a guy who would love me and a beautiful family to call my own.

Well, that post was a bit hard for me to write because some of the things that I wrote about was heart wrenching in my life and were life lessons. Hope everyone have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Site Categories

#2getherwearebetter #BeTheDifference #TAGDay #teacherweek2015 14 in '14 2015 Goals alma mater alphabet April artists August award back to school bed rest birthday birthday. blogging blogging advice blogiversary boyfriend Bucket List butterfly caterpillar change Christmas Classroom organization classroom reveal cold season cold weather collaboration creativity Currently December DIY Donors Choose Dr. Seuss Earth Day Easter fall Favorite pins Friday Favorite Things Linky February field experience Five For Friday football fun facts giveaways glasses goals Halloween holiday ideas January Jesus Christ July June lesson plans Liebster Award linky linky party love make it yourself March May meaning memories milestone Monday Made It Mother's Day motivation Movie Clip Monday My Favorite Things name new look New Year November October One Lovely Blog One Word 2015 organized parent involvement Peek At My Week Periscope personality Pick 3 Linky pinterest Plan With Me Sundays Planners plants positive thinking Positively Pinspiring reading recipes resolutions sales Saturday Nerd Libs school school supplies September Shameless Plug Thursday Show and Tell snow day Social Media social network socks Spark Student Motivation Spring Story Behind Logo student motivation student teaching summer Summer Fun Sunday Scoop surprises Teacher Appreciation Week teacher blogging friends Teaching Tech Tip Tuesday Technology Thursday Tell Us About You Tuesday Thanksgiving TPT Tried It Tuesday tutorials vacation Valentine's Day Weekly Link-Up Winner Wednesday wishlist Wordless Wednesday Worship Wednesday writing

Advertising

About me

Instagram

recent posts

Blogger templates

Flickr Images

About

Button Time!!!

Lesson Plans and Computers
Back to Top