My Favorite Things 1-7-15

Wednesday, January 7, 2015
Well, I cannot believe that this is here. But, I am linking up with Teaching Trio for their Favorite Things linky party.
http://teachingtrio.blogspot.com/
I love this idea because it gives a sense of what is to be expected when it comes to what my favorite things are. I remember watching TV shows for children when I was a little girl and it got me thinking what my first set of Favorite Things is going to be...

Here are my favorite TV shows for classrooms...
1. The Magic School Bus
~This is one of my favorite TV shows to this day. I love how the show is more focused on science and when I was a teacher's aide, I would see the children watch the show and they enjoyed it.

2. Barney
~ Ok, before anyone laughs at me, I remember when I was a little girl, I would watch Barney and Friends and I would know more about each subject that we are learning in class. It still surprises me that most kids are learning from Barney today even after the show is over.
3. Mister Rogers' Neighborhood
~ I love this show because it gives me a sense of what I love when I start watching this at 3 years old. The children at my school would watch this and they would be more fascinating for them to see how the children are at the same age watching this. They also learn stuff from this too. 

Honorablee Mentions: Sesame Street, Clifford The Big Red Dog: The reason is that it was a difficult decision to make because they are all my favorites.

Question: What are your favorite TV shows growing up that can be used for classrooms?

Link up with Teaching Trio and see all the other Favorite Things.




7 comments:

  1. My son loves the Magic School Bus and Wild Kratts! And I love the fact that he is learning so much while he is watching! I always remember watching Reading Rainbow when I was a kid. That and Wishbone were probably my favorites!
    Crystal
    Fun and Learning at BBA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so forgot Wild Kratts. That was my favorite TV show along with those and Wishbone. Thanks for Replying

      Jasmine

      Delete
  2. I loved when my kids were into Magic School Bus, Barney (saw his in concert several times with the Wiggles :) ) and Liberty Kids. I learned a ton from Liberty Kids!

    Firstgradebloomabilities

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liberty Kids is one of my favorite shows even though I am grown up now. I still get hooked on some kids shows today.

      Jasmine

      Delete
  3. My favorite cartoon TV show growing up was Muppet Babies but that isn't something for the classroom. I currently like Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood from the Fred Rogers Company. It helps kids learn how to handle different situations with little jingles to trigger their memory. :-) - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember Muppet Babies and it makes me sad that it is not something for the classroom unless it is for free time. I love The Fred Rogers Company shows such as Daniel Tiger because it is a bit catchy and the kids would learn something and have that feel that you and I learn from Mister Rogers.

      Jasmine

      Delete
  4. I use Magic School Bus movies in my classroom! My kiddos (4th graders) love them! Half of the time, I don't think they realize that they are actually learning while they are watching the video.

    Cassie
    Funky in Fourth

    ReplyDelete


Site Categories

#2getherwearebetter #BeTheDifference #TAGDay #teacherweek2015 14 in '14 2015 Goals alma mater alphabet April artists August award back to school bed rest birthday birthday. blogging blogging advice blogiversary boyfriend Bucket List butterfly caterpillar change Christmas Classroom organization classroom reveal cold season cold weather collaboration creativity Currently December DIY Donors Choose Dr. Seuss Earth Day Easter fall Favorite pins Friday Favorite Things Linky February field experience Five For Friday football fun facts giveaways glasses goals Halloween holiday ideas January Jesus Christ July June lesson plans Liebster Award linky linky party love make it yourself March May meaning memories milestone Monday Made It Mother's Day motivation Movie Clip Monday My Favorite Things name new look New Year November October One Lovely Blog One Word 2015 organized parent involvement Peek At My Week Periscope personality Pick 3 Linky pinterest Plan With Me Sundays Planners plants positive thinking Positively Pinspiring reading recipes resolutions sales Saturday Nerd Libs school school supplies September Shameless Plug Thursday Show and Tell snow day Social Media social network socks Spark Student Motivation Spring Story Behind Logo student motivation student teaching summer Summer Fun Sunday Scoop surprises Teacher Appreciation Week teacher blogging friends Teaching Tech Tip Tuesday Technology Thursday Tell Us About You Tuesday Thanksgiving TPT Tried It Tuesday tutorials vacation Valentine's Day Weekly Link-Up Winner Wednesday wishlist Wordless Wednesday Worship Wednesday writing

Advertising

About me

Instagram

recent posts

Blogger templates

Flickr Images

About

Button Time!!!

Lesson Plans and Computers
Back to Top